Friday, February 2, 2018

Look-Alike OC Comparison - Višnja & Nika



The first thing I've properly arted in a long while.  Who knew I'd hit a mega depressive episode after getting married and moving to Finland, huh?

Anyway, I often have this paranoid thought in my head due to a lot of negative feedback from people I shouldn't be listening to that I'm just a piece of shit who can't make unique characters... so when I hit a giant S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mood and had to draw Višnja, I considered how she and Nika are quite similar - same basic concepts like the long, dark, messy hair, light coloured eyes, usually wearing their hair in a braid down the back, among other things.  I figured this could be a nice exercise for me, especially since I haven't been drawing much at all.

And I just plain needed to really sit down and put work into Višnja's details, because even though it's very clear in my head, it isn't anywhere in physical form.  Everything on Nika's side is from 2014, from a comparison sheet with two other OCs.  Good to see the only thing that's evolved all these years is my handwriting lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment